Position: General Maintenance Worker
General Maintenance WorkerDate Posted: January 15, 2016
Mt. Laurel, NJ - MapContact Name: Kelly Jackson
Contact Phone: 856-359-2087
Contact Fax: 856-359-2762
Compensation Type: Hourly, Compensation Range: $23 - $25.80
This position performs technical work in the maintenance and repair of water/wastewater systems. This position also assists in the Operations of the Water/Wastewater systems on an as needed basis. Annual average of time this position works in Maintenance versus Operations is as follows: 75% Maintenance and 25% Operations. Position may require some overtime, weekend, and holiday work as well as On-Call responsibility.
- Performs repairs, preventive and corrective maintenance on plant process equipment including; pumps, blowers, scrubbers, motors and chemical feed systems, maintains meters, pumps, electrical controls, emergency signaling and related components. Cleans and maintains wet wells, lift stations, grounds, facilities and related equipment.
- Prepares orders for maintenance materials, supplies, spare parts and equipment.
- Makes equipment adjustments, and reports any serious equipment problems.
- Maintains computerized and manual records and prepares reports pertaining to the operation of the plant, reviews daily reports and plant operations, and makes changes as required to meet operating requirements.
- Identifies, schedules and coordinates the work of outside maintenance contractors in support of project
- Follows Company’s Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies. Wear and work in proper personal protective equipment.
- Assist with operational tasks in conjunction with operators or as directed by operators
- Performs other related functions assigned or as they become apparent or as management assigns
- Effectively and safely operates hand tools, pneumatic tools, air compressors and other small equipment related to the maintenance trades and plant operations.
- Hands-on experience in light duty electrical power systems (240 V/ single and three phase) and instrumentation calibration and use.
- Ability to use and direct excavation crews for repairs of underground utilities, including past demonstrated experience using backhoe, excavation equipment and driving a small dump truck.
- Knowledge of mechanical operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of electrical systems related to equipment in assigned work area.
- Knowledge of proper operation of hydraulic, pneumatic and telemetry equipment.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater processes including ability to operate basic systems independently.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent necessary commensurate experience may be considered
- Five (5) + years experience in maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment preferrably with water and/or wastewater systems
- Must possess a valid, active state driver’s license; CDL suitable for small dump truck use preferred.
- Additional trade specific courses preferred
- Employee may be required to work indoor or outdoor work during seasonal heat and cold or other adverse weather conditions. Employee may be required to work where regularly they may be exposed to fumes, dust and odors.
- Some high noise levels from operations of equipment.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds, unassisted
- Must be physically able to complete necessary tasks while wearing an approved respirator as required, as some required work may have potential for exposure to harmful contaminants, environments, noise, etc.
- May have to work after normal work hours, holidays, weekends for on-call assisgnments.
We are hosting a job fair on January 27 and January 28 at the Dick DeWees Community Center in Lompoc, CA.
7:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M.
BRING YOUR RESUME
Go Back | Send this page to a friend