Position: Sr Administrator Capital Program
Sr Administrator Capital ProgramDate Posted: February 3, 2016
Merrick, NY - MapContact Name: Laura Silano
Contact Phone: 908-791-3501
Contact Fax: 908-791-3482
Compensation Type: Salary, Travel: Some Travel
Primary Role: Responsible for all financial aspects of all Capital Investment Management (CIM) and associated governance for the respective Operating Unit(s) related to policies, practices, procedures, controls, and
reporting. Assist in the strategic enhancement of the Operating Unit's capital program to meet key business drivers. Serves as a company wide resource for financial aspects of Capital Investment Management (CIM).
- Responsible for the initiation and preparation of the 5-Year Capital Business Plan and Quarterly Reforecasts within PowerPlant in conjunction with the engineering lead. Analyzes and assures that all financial information is sound including updates with Actuals, calculation of AFUDC, calculation of labor OH, calculation of engineering OH, and reflection of in service dates for depreciation forecasting.
- Functions as the lead role for monthly Functional Sign Off (FSO) and Capital Investment Management (CIM) meetings. Responsible for development of agenda and minutes for approval or projects, validation of SOX Controls, and overall review of the Capital Program.
- Design and develop training programs for Project Managers specific to the financial aspects and use of PowerPlant and SAP related to engineering/capital projects. Provides input for potential enhancements and modifications to SAP. Serves in the lead role for training and other company-wide capital initiatives.
- Perform all monthly, quarterly, yearly, and ad hoc capital reporting using SAP and other tools for both internal purposes and external purposes where applicable (State President, Engineering Manager, Corporate, SOX, SEC, Utility Commission, etc.). Develops State and/or District specific reports as needed.
- Serve as primary liaison between Engineering/Capital and Accounting, Finance, Rates, Tax. and Utility Plant Accounting on all Capital Investment Management (CIM) topics. Ensures all capital financial data and costs are accurately provided to Finance Representative.
- Provide support on Enterprise Wide projects and initiatives related to Capital Investment Management including, but not limited to, the development of policies and practices, and selection and implementation of software tools.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required in business, accounting, finance, or engineering (water and/or wastewater related).
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong PowerPlant knowledge.
- Knowledge of Sharepoint
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of water and/or wastewater engineering and/or operations.
Experience: Five (5) to seven (7) years experience, post bachelors.
Travel Requirements: 5-10% within respective Operating Unit(s). Occasional travel outside of respective Operating Unit(s).Special Instructions:
To apply, please visit: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=55521&company=amwater&username=
Go Back | Send this page to a friend