Location: White Plains, NY, US
The Director Diversity, Equity & Inclusion reports to the Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer and will bring forward strategic thought leadership, implement our approach to DEI across our workforce, provide deep insights, while partnering successfully with leaders to achieve desired results.
Serve as a DEI consultant to leaders and HR, connecting initiatives and efforts to tangible outcomes which impact our culture and business. You will leverage in-depth knowledge of core diversity, equity and inclusion concepts, and human resources program design, to develop and implement DEI solutions.
You will leverage DEI best practices to help achieve strategic DEI goals and ensure the culture represents our values where we draw our strength in our diversity, everyone contributes, everyone belongs.
- Lead a team to develop and operationalize plans to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization.
- Drive leadership awareness, commitment and accountability for the employee experience and diversity action plans across the business
- Establish, educate and coach people managers on inclusive leadership behavior, progressive ways to enhance diversity and inclusion on their teams, and promote inclusivity across the organization.
- Act as a DEI subject matter expert and share diversity-related issues, legislation, best practices, perspective, insights, and knowledge and how it interrelates to other initiatives within the organization.
- Identify, develop and/or facilitate training and professional development programs to support the understanding and active practice of DEI initiatives.
- Guide DEI Managers to drive ERG engagement, accountability and governance, to maximize employee participation, drive measurable impact, and attract, develop and retain talent.
- Advance development and execution of the business DEI strategy in collaboration with HR, talent management, recruitment, and business partners, ensuring alignment, deployment, communication of inclusive initiatives, define priorities, goals, metrics, and measures of success.
- Conduct research, benchmarking and regularly analyze DEI metrics and present findings and recommendations for program changes.
- Design presentations, generate reports, and present to leadership and staff on DEI matters, discuss opportunities for improvement, and make recommendations.
- Lead, collaborate, and partner across the organization to increase cultural awareness and build cultural proficiency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understand HR projects, programs and systems to enable and improve with DEI integration.
- Strong program, project and change management skills.
- Solid presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, quantify, interpret, and report statistical data for presentations to make recommendations that support business strategy.
- Strong understanding of industry benchmarks, leading practices and innovations in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Thorough understanding of workplace diversity and equal employment opportunity laws and regulations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and form productive working partnerships.
- Highly developed consultative and influence skills.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in Organizational Development, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Workforce Planning or related Human Resources function.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in workforce diversity, equity and inclusion, equal employment opportunity, social justice, or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of leading or supervising teams.
- Experience working in a union environment is preferred.
- Approximately 20-30% travel primarily within NY State.
- Valid driver’s license.