Position: Chief Water Operator
Category: Manager Level
Chief Water OpeatorDate Posted: January 15, 2016
Mt. Laurel, NJ - MapContact Name: Kelly Jackson
Contact Phone: 856-359-2087
Contact Fax: 856-359-2762
Compensation Type: Hourly, Compensation Range: $26 - $29.77
- Responsible for all activities involving the operations, maintenance and sampling of the water distribution systems and ground water wells.
- Supervisory responsibilities for water distribution systems and ground water wells.
- Develops processes for daily staff work functions, oversees use of operational and maintenance information, and physically performs operating duties as required daily and to cover staff when off-duty (vacation, sick, etc). Schedules and collects all samples related to the distribution system and ground wells. Prepare monthly State water reports and process reports. Enters sample schedules and results into SEMS. Performs annual hydrant flow testing.
- The position requires demonstrated experience and possession of a current California state water operator license: minimum T3 Water Treatment and Water Distribution D3.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and supervise the work of employees.
- General knowledge of MS Office products, MS Word and Excel, and be able to learn the use of new software with training assistance and operator level use of SCADA systems.
- Ability to plan and present safety training to employees.
- Employee may be required to work shift work and maintain on-call assignments.
- There will be some weekend, holiday and overtime work as needed.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED, plus at least five (5) years progressively responsible experience in supervision of operations, maintenance and administration of water distribution systems and ground water wells. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the objectives, equipment, and operations of water distribution systems and ground water wells.
- Thorough knowledge of the layout, location and equipment characteristics of the water system.
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations for areas of responsibility.
- Five years in a supervisory operator role for a water system desired
- Demonstrated experience and possession of a current California water operator license
- Possess a valid state driver’s license
We are hosting a job fair in Lompoc CA on January 27 and January 28 at the Dick DeWees Community Center. It is located at 1120 W. Beach Ave., Lompoc. Walk-ins welcome! Bring your resume.
Go Back | Send this page to a friend