Position: Human Resources - Recruiter (DNV GL North America)
Energy ConsultantDate Posted: September 24, 2020
Arlington, VA - MapContact Name: Dennis Riley
Contact Phone: 8325066455
Contact Fax: 8325066455
Compensation Type: Salary, Travel: Some Travel
Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to be part of an organization dedicated to tackling global issues such as climate change? Do you get excited by solving analytical problems and collaborating with a team to do so? DNV GL is growing our Energy Insights team and is looking to add an analyst to support our market research and program analysis efforts as well as our industry-leading non-wires alternatives practice.
DNV GL - Energy North America is seeking to fill the role of Energy Consultant. We are looking for a team member with a passion for supporting the future of the clean energy industry with our Energy Insights team- a team of energy market research and evaluation professionals across the country. The successful candidate will serve as consultant, responsible for leading project efforts, mentoring junior staff on projects, and supporting research involving energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resource markets, program analysis, and forecasting.
This position may be located in our Medford, MA, Arlington, VA or Oakland, CA office. This position also has the potential to be remote from any home office within the Continental USA.
Tasks May Include
- Overseeing or supporting project-based teams in the delivery of program evaluations, research studies, and other project work related to energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resource markets and programs. Leading or supporting customer adoption and grid modernization research and analysis.
- Supporting research and analysis of non-wires alternatives programs and policies, including NWA resource potential analysis, cost-benefit analysis, program development support, and regulatory support.
- Conducting primary research including survey design, conducting interviews, and managing market research survey firms. Performing secondary research, including literature reviews, internet research, document review and database review.
- Extracting and merging data from multiple sources, assessing data quality, and identifying data gaps. Proposing solutions to address data gaps. Documenting assumptions and data sources.
- Performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis and summarizing results using Microsoft Excel, SAS and/or other statistical or programming packages such as R or Python. Typical types of analysis include survey data analysis, trend identification, market sizing, customer segmentation, likelihood of adoption analysis, and cost-effectiveness assessment.
- Interpreting the results of data analyses to produce concise, meaningful conclusions and recommendations for reports and professional papers.
- Identifying opportunities for adding value and developing innovative approaches or collaborating with colleagues to develop innovative approaches to address the changing energy landscape
- Overseeing research projects, including client interaction, development of work plans and leadership of project teams or tasks
- Preparing client deliverables including memos, reports, and presentations; developing reports and presentations which enable users to grasp concepts, identify patterns, and make better business decisions
- Operating with a teamwork mentality that leads to building and maintaining interpersonal relationships, providing guidance to researchers and consultants and collaborating with other project managers and team members to share knowledge and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline (such as Business, Statistics, Economics, Environmental and Energy Policy, Engineering) is required.
- Master’s degree with emphasis in a relevant discipline (Such as Business, Statistics, Economics, Environmental and Energy Policy, Engineering) is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in data analysis, program design, and evaluation, or market research is required
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience or a similar project leadership role required
- Expertise in energy efficiency and demand response evaluation and market research preferred
- Experience in a consulting environment preferred
- Ability to examine data from different primary and secondary data sources and create meaningful analyses
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new skills and approaches.
- Willingness to undertake new and challenging activities and think creatively to find a solution to a problem. An interest in using data and research to tell a story.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
- Excellent attention to detail in analysis, reporting, and communication
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate and coach people in varying disciplines to achieve improved overall performance
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; comfortable communicating with team members with different cultural backgrounds and experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team and have a positive, team-oriented attitude and professional demeanor
- Proven ability to manage tasks to quality, budget, and deadline targets
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Candidates are required to submit a cover letter with their application
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Please apply online at:
Go Back | Send this page to a friend