Position: Wastewater Operator
Wastewater OperatorDate Posted: January 15, 2016
Mt. Laurel, NJ - MapContact Name: Kelly Jackson
Contact Phone: 856-359-2087
Contact Fax: 856-359-2762
Compensation Type: Hourly, Compensation Range: $23 - $25.80
Position Summary: Independently Operates, maintains, repairs and inspects wastewater treatment system components (lift stations, holding tanks, grease traps, etc). Includes the collection of wastewater samples per state regulations, performing process control laboratory testing, recording data and preparing regulatory reports, adjusting chemical feed rates. Conduct preventive maintenance around AW assets and other similar duties. Position will also be required to assist with the water collection system on a periodic basis, and participate in water and sewer main and service repairs. The position desires demonstrated experience and possession of a current California state Wastewater Collection System Maintenance certification.
- Operates wastewater system (lift stations, holding tanks, grease traps, etc) to provide compliance with applicable state and federal regulations. Collects and analyzes samples required for compliance and process control.
- Performs maintenance of the wastewater systems. Perform assigned general housekeeping duties. Maintains and calibrates hand-held and on-line monitoring equipment and treatment equipment as required.
- Follows Company’s Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies, and report unsafe conditions.
- Takes and records system operation readings according to prescribed schedules.
- Maintains daily logs, records plant operating data as required in logs and operations software
- Effective, timely, and respectful communication and interactions with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and citizen customers.
- Assist in repairs of treatment equipment, and water and sewer main and service repairs with other project staff.
- Performs other related functions assigned or as they become apparent or as management assigns.
- Able to read gauges and meters.
- Prepare and maintain accurate paperwork such as records, logs, orders, surveys and routine reports as directed.
- Able to perform accurate mathematical calculations related to this position.
- Perform standardized water process control, monitoring, and compliance sampling and testing.
- Past working knowledge using mechanical skills, for making minor repairs to process equipment, piping, motors, etc.
- Hands-on experience in light duty electrical power systems (240 V/ single and three phase) and instrumentation calibration and use.
- Some computer skills; MS Word, MS Excel and SCADA systems.
- Collect wastewater samples for analysis by state lab
- Knowledge of the techniques, equipment and materials used in the mechanical maintenance and repair of related equipment and systems.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of activated sludge treatment for domestic waste.
- Specifically but not limited to knowledge of methods and precautions in storing and handling chlorine and other industrial chemicals.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Must possess a high school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience and meet educational requirements of Wastewater Operators Board for requisite license
- Additional trade specific courses preferred.
- Experience in operation of activated sludge plants
- Experience in working in sewage collection systems
- The position desires demonstrated experience and possession of a current California state Wastewater Collection System Maintenance certification.
- Must possess a valid, active state driver’s license, CDL preferred
- Collections System Maintenance certification preferred
- Employee may be required to work indoor or outdoor work during seasonal heat and cold or other adverse weather conditions.
- Must be physically able to complete necessary tasks while wearing an approved respirator as required, as some required work may have potential for exposure to harmful contaminants, environments, noise, etc.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds, unassisted
- There will be some weekend, holiday and overtime work as needed, including on-call assignments
WE ARE HOSTING A JOB FAIR JANUARY 27 AND 28 AT THE DICK DEWEES COMMUNITY CENTER, LOMPOC
7:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M.
WALK INS WELCOME
BRING YOUR RESUME
Go Back | Send this page to a friend