Position: Water System Operator
Water System OperatorDate Posted: January 15, 2016
Mt. Laurel, NJ - MapContact Name: Kelly Jackson
Contact Phone: 856-359-2087
Contact Fax: 856-359-2762
Compensation Type: Hourly, Compensation Range: $23 - $25.80
Independently Operate, maintain, repair and inspect water treatment systems at wells and similar work in the water distribution system (pump stations, storage tanks, fire hydrants, etc). Includes the collection of water samples per state regulations, recording data and preparing regulatory reports, adjusting chemical feed rates, and other similar duties. Position will also be required to assist with the wastewater collection system on a periodic basis, and participate in water and sewer main and service repairs. The position requires demonstrated experience and possession of a current California state water operator license: minimum T2 Water Treatment and Water Distribution T2 required; Water Treatment T3 preferred and Water Distribution D3 preferred.
Operates water system (wells, chemical feed systems, storage tank levels, etc) to provide compliance with applicable state and federal regulations. Collects and analyzes samples required for compliance and process control.
Performs maintenance of the water systems.
Perform assigned general housekeeping duties. Maintains and calibrates hand-held and on-line monitoring equipment and treatment equipment as required.
Follows Company’s Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies, and report unsafe conditions.
Takes and records system operation readings according to prescribed schedules.
Maintains daily logs, records plant operating data as required in logs and operations software
Effective, timely, and respectful communication and interactions with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and citizen customers.
Assist in repairs of water and sewer main and service repairs with other project staff.
Performs other related functions assigned or as they become apparent.
• Able to read gauges and meters.
• Prepare and maintain accurate paperwork such as records, logs, orders, surveys and routine reports as directed.
• Able to perform accurate mathematical calculations related to this position.
• Perform standardized water process control, monitoring, and compliance sampling and testing.
• Past working knowledge using mechanical skills, for making minor repairs to process equipment, piping, motors, etc.
• Hands-on experience in light duty electrical power systems (240 V/ single and three phase) and instrumentation calibration and use.
• Excavation equipment
• Some computer skills; MS Word, MS Excel and SCADA systems.
• Collect water samples for analysis by state lab
• Knowledge of the techniques, equipment and materials used in the mechanical maintenance and repair of related equipment and systems.
• Possesses a thorough knowledge of well operation and maintenance.
• Specifically but not limited to knowledge of methods and precautions in storing and handling chlorine and other industrial chemicals.
• Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
•Three years in operation of well systems and water distribution system operation and repair
• The position requires demonstrated experience and possession of a current California state water operator license: minimum T2 Water Treatment and Water Distribution T2 required; Water Treatment T3 preferred and Water Distribution D3 preferred.
• Must possess a valid, active state driver’s license, CDL preferred
• Employee may be required to work indoor or outdoor work during seasonal heat and cold or other adverse weather conditions.
• Must be physically able to complete necessary tasks while wearing an approved respirator as required, as some required work may have potential for exposure to harmful contaminants, environments, noise, etc.
• Must be able to lift 75 pounds, unassisted
• There will be some weekend, holiday and overtime work as needed, including on-call assignments
• Must possess a high school diploma, GED equivalent
• Additional trade specific courses preferred.
WE ARE HOSING A JOB FAIR ON JANUARY 27 AND 28 IN LOMPOC CA
DICK DEWEES COMMUNITY CENTER
7:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M.
WALK INS WELCOME
Go Back | Send this page to a friend